Here is a sampling of ideas about Lord to share with children of various ages.
These ideas are accommodated to the state of the child and coordinated with the religion curriculum for schools affiliated with the General Church.
Preschool (ages 2-5)
- The Lord is our Heavenly Father.
- The Lord created everything good.
- He loves everyone.
- The Lord came to earth so He could teach us how to be good.
Primary Level (ages 5-9)
- There is one God, and He is the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Lord sees everything we do.
- The Lord is always with us.
- The Lord is most powerful.
- The Lord is our Shepherd, leading and guiding us.
- The Lord came on earth when we needed Him most.
- While in the world, He fought the hells and conquered them.
Intermediate Level (ages 9-12)
- The Lord came on earth to show us how to lead a life that would lead to the happiness of heaven.
- The Lord wanted people to know that He is a loving, merciful God.
- The Lord wanted us to have a written record of His birth, life, and resurrection.
- Without the Lord's coming, no one could have been saved from hell.
- The Lord is always preparing us to receive Him.
Upper Level (ages 12-14)
- The Lord is Jehovah Himself, the Redeemer and Savior.
- He came to restore order, reopening the pathways to heaven.
- He glorified or perfected His Human, which He put on in the world, making it Divine.
High School (ages 14-18)
- There is one God who is the Lord Jesus Christ.
- His face is mercy, peace, and every good (Arcana Coelestia 9293).
- He is the Divine Truth Who came in Person to freely teach the truth to all people forever.
- Jehovah God descended and assumed a Human so that He could free people from captivity and save them.
- He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and this is the Divine Trinity in One Person.