Here is a sampling of ideas to share with children about thanking the Lord everyday as well during festivals of thanksgiving and harvest.
These concepts are accommodated to the age of the child and coordinated with the religion curriculum.
For preschool (ages 2-5)
- All good things come from the Lord.
- We should thank the Lord for everything He does for us.
- Worship brings us closer to the Lord.
- Thanking the Lord is a special way to show the Lord we love him.
For primary level (ages 5-9)
- The Lord provides us with food for our bodies and food for our minds.
- When we think about all the wonderful things the Lord gives us, we realize how much He loves us.
- The Lord asks us to be thankful to Him for the things He provides.
- Every day of our lives, we have much to be thankful for.
- The Lord wants to give us love, wisdom, happiness, and many other special gifts.
- When we have festivals of thanksgiving, we thank the Lord for His blessings with our family and friends.
For intermediate level (ages 9-12)
- Worship reminds us that everything good is from the Lord.
- We open our minds and hearts to the Lord when we give thanks to Him.
- We thank the Lord by bringing an offering to Him (fruit, flowers, money, etc.).
- Music and singing are ways to praise the Lord, expressing our feelings of thanksgiving and joy.
- It is good to give thanks to the Lord and sing praises to Him (Psalm 92:1).
For upper level (ages 12-14)
- We should thank, adore, and glorify the Lord for the blessing of knowing about the joys of heaven, true marriage love, and His tender care in leading us toward a life worthy of heaven.
- We thank the Lord for delivering us from the power of the hells and helping us reject evils and falsities.
- For thousands of years people have blessed the Lord, acknowledging that all life and power are from Him.
For high school (ages 14-18)
- The Lord requires that we give thanks for our own sake so that we might come into a state receptive of His love (Arcana Coelestia 5957).
- Life from the Lord flows into a humble and thankful heart because it is ready to receive (see Arcana Coelestia 8873).
- Humility involves being award of our shortcomings.
- Adoration and humility are essential aspects of worshiping the Lord (see Arcana Coelestia 2423).