Here is a sampling of ideas to share with children about the Lord as we celebrate Palm Sunday, Good Friday, and Easter.
These concepts are accommodated to the age of the child and coordinated with the religion curriculum.
For preschool (ages 2-5)
- The Lord came to earth because He loves us.
- He came to teach us how to be good.
- The Lord teaches us about Himself.
- He shows us how to live a good life.
For primary level (ages 5-9)
- There is one God, and He is the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Lord is merciful and powerful.
- The Lord came on earth when we needed Him most.
- While in the world, He fought the hells.
- The Lord rose into heaven to be there forever for us to know and love.
For intermediate level (ages 9-12)
- The Lord came on earth to show us how to lead a life that would lead to the happiness of heaven.
- The Lord wanted people to know that He is a loving, merciful God.
- The Lord wanted us to have a written record of His birth, life, and resurrection.
- Without the Lord's coming, no one could have been saved from hell.
- The Lord was born as a spiritual King to bring salvation.
- The Lord is always preparing us to receive Him.
For upper level (ages 12-14)
- He came to restore order in the spiritual and natural worlds, reopening the pathways to heaven.
- He had to come into the world to meet and conquer the evil.
- He put on a body, growing up through infancy, childhood, and adulthood.
- He is Jehovah Himself, the Redeemer and Savior.
- He glorified or perfected His Human which He put on in the world, making it Divine.
For high school (ages 14-18)
- He is the Divine Truth coming in Person, bringing the truth to all people forever.
- He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and this is the Divine Trinity in One Person.
- Jehovah God descended and assumed a Human so that He could free people from captivity of the hells and save them.