Here is a sampling of ideas to share with children about the Lord as we celebrate Christmas and His coming into the world.
These concepts are accommodated to the age of the child and coordinated with the religion curriculum.
For preschool (ages 2-5)
- The Lord came to earth because He loves us.
- He came to teach us how to be good.
- The Lord teaches us about Himself.
- He shows us how to live a good life.
For primary level (ages 5-9)
- There is one God, and He is the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Lord came on earth when we needed Him most.
- While in the world, He fought the hells.
- The Lord is merciful and powerful.
For intermediate level (ages 9-12)
- The Lord came on earth to show us how to lead a life that would lead to the happiness of heaven.
- The Lord wanted people to know that He is a loving, merciful God.
- The Lord wanted us to have a written record of His birth, life, and resurrection.
- Without the Lord's coming, no one could have been saved from hell.
- The Lord was born as a spiritual King to bring salvation.
- The prophets told of the Messiah or King who would come.
- The Lord is always preparing us to receive Him.
For upper level (ages 12-14)
- He came to restore order, reopening the pathways to heaven.
- He had to come into the world to meet and conquer the evil.
- He put on a body, growing up through infancy, childhood, and adulthood.
For high school (ages 14-18)
- He is the Divine Truth Who came in Person to freely teach the truth to all people forever.
- He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit and this is the Divine Trinity in One Person.
- Jehovah God descended and assumed a Human so that He could free people from captivity and save them.